Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Friday, September 15, 2006

No air-conditioning in London's accommodation!!!


I've finally realised my dream of travelling to the UK and some EU cities. I was so excited about the whole trip and not forgetting that I would burn a big hole in my pocket. I kept telling myself before the trip that I'd not spend unneccessarily and stick to the cheapest food available. Oh well, things normally won't go as planned especially for budget. For the planning, my guy planned for 90% of the itinerary or almost 95%. I planned the remaining 5% since I'd be on my own for about a week in London. The thought of being on my own in a foreign country got me slightly uncomfortable but I'm sure I can survive. Took Quantas to London. Dinner was served and the food was bad, suddenly I began to appreciate the food from China Airlines (not that it is exactly that great). But thankfully, no one was occupying the 2 seats beside me, so I managed to sleep 'properly' during my whole flight to London. Oh, I took the flight to London on my own and my guy took another flight from another airlines. Why the difference in airlines? Due to availability of tickets. 13 hours later, I finally touched down at Heathrow Airport smoothly. But that was not the end, I had to take a express train to another terminal to meet my Guy. More than 30 minutes later, he arrived. We headed to purchase ticket to travel to Paddington Station. OMG, it costs 14.50 pounds just to get to the bloody station. I told myself that I can SURVIVE in London, I definitely can. Getting to the hotel which my Guy booked wasn't a difficult thing for him, though I was rather confused by the tube lines in London. Multiple colours linking to various stations looked like a major maze to me. I was amazed at how small the hotel was. Lift was small and there was no air-con in our room!!! And we paid 72pounds per night. Ok, there was free flow of breakfast but still, no air-con!!!! Situations like these are not uncommon in London and it seems Londoners believe in no air-conditioning since there is only one season of summer during the whole year. But I know I'd grow to 'love' London during my trip there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....