Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Japanese Curry


I decided to prepare Japanese curry, one of my favourite food. Main ingredients : 1Big onion, 1 large size carrot, 10 baby potatoes, 3 chicken legs and one crucial item- japanese curry mix (I use Golden Curry sauce mix from S & B Brand). The preparation is fairly easy. Simply stir-fry the chopped onion till it is fragrant, next add the carrot and baby potatoes and chicken pieces and stir-fry till they're cooked. Add 2 and half bowls of boiled water. Use your own discretion accordingly on the amount of water to add. Simmer for 10 mins. Add in the curry mix and stir lightly till the stock thickens. Serve with rice. Note: Carrots must be completely cooked , else they taste horrible if they're still raw. Success rate is pretty high for first timers. Cooking is so fun but the washing up sucks.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:23:00 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

sounds tasty..if only i found the sauce smwhere

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Bellona said...

It is not spicy at all compared to indian curry but still as tasty. I always get the most spicy ones 'Hot', however it doesn't taste as what is claimed on the pack.heheh...You can add chilli powder if you prefer it to be spicier. Below is the website which shows the photo of the curry sauce mix packaging. Ease the trouble of scouting for it blindly.

http://www.sbfoods.co.jp/eng/saucemix.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....