Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

In Living Memory of My Grandma

She is gone. Gone to the Heaven. My ma ma's sufferings have finally come to an end. I can't feel her anymore but I know she will be happy up there. I wanted her to be in my dreams, so that I can talk to her. I tried and tried but she didn't appear. Sending her off to her final journey is the hardest thing to do. I kept looking at her inside the coffin to capture her image inside my head permanently. I tried to stay up as late as possible at the wake as I was afraid that the day to send her off would be nearing once I sleep.

Fond memories of her made me miss her even more. I find it hard to sleep, so I cry myself to sleep. My family is sad, so are my uncles and aunties, cousins. I dare not cry in front of my parents. I'd hide in my bedroom and cry with no one to turn to.

Goodbye, Ma Ma. I know you're in a happier place now and that you'll protect each and everyone of us. I will always love you and remember all the sweetest things that you've done for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....