Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Another Good Japanese Restaurant



In my earlier article, I mentioned that there's a good Japanese restaurant located at Raffles Place. It is called 'Botan Japanese Restaurant'. I discovered another good place; SUN with MOON (brought to my attention by H) which served a wide variety of Japanese dishes. I can't say every dish is fantastic but their sashimi is really fresh. I took a picture of the stuff I ordered, not every dish though. I highly recommended the Kaki Bacon Yaki (grilled osyters with spinach and bacon) and Amaebi sashimi (Prawn sashimi). 4 pcs for $12.80 for the former & the latter cost $15 for 5 pcs. The oysters were big too. If you looked at the photo one the left, at the top left corner, you'll find the osyter dish. The dish shown below the osyters is simply steamed rice topped with unagi and clams. When they first served it, they'd place a puny sandglass and started inverting it. When all the fine sand had run to the bottom of the bulb, you can lift up the cover and start eating. Interesting experience is all I can say. I enjoyed the soft shell crab tempura too. Bigger than the ones I normally had at Sakae Sushi or other Japanese restaurants. Size does matter sometimes and the skill of preparing the dish is important too. For food lovers, you know what I mean. Sometimes I feel like I'm having a 'oral' examination whenever I made an attempt to explain the pictures I posted. hehehe... Price is reasonable. But be sure to call to make reservation first because this restaurant is very popular. When I reached the restaurant at 6.30pm, I was told that the restaurant was fully booked but I could've a table till 7.45pm only. I didn't think I need to take a long dinner, however at the same time I didn't like to be rushed thru' dinner too. Since I was craving for sashimi & I don't intend to spend the whole night at Sun, I accepted their only available option. Nice place with good ambience. Located at Wheelock Place. 501, Orchard Road, #03-15/16/17. Tel: (65) 6733 6636

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....