Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cake

I got him a birthday cake finally. Though an extremely belated one, I did it. I bought a chocolate truffle cake, should be good. Wanted to get black forest cake from Rive Gauche but it was sold out. Besides the cake, I got him a box of bitter sweet dark chocolate from Royce. 'What is it about dark chocolates? The answer is plant phenols -- cocoa phenols, to be exact. These compounds are known to lower blood pressure.' Extracted info from this article: http://www.stuffedchocolate.com/health_benefits.htm. What else did I buy? 2 rice dumplings, his favourite. He has many favourites. Number one favourite: Curry Chicken.
I always enjoy getting birthday cakes for my loved ones. I'll source for the best cake available. To me, it's a must to have a bd cake on one's bd. I bought a Ganache cake from Rive Gauche located at Taka for my dad's upcoming bd. I always have a bd cake since I was a young child, so do the rest of my family. Most of the time, I'll be in charge of bd cake for my family. I don't find it a chore, never. He will get a cake from me every year unless there is a hiccup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....