Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A prey? Me?

Could it be the haze or have I fallen prey to the sick bugs? I've been coughing all day at my client's place. I tried to suppress myself from coughing while talking to my client but I just couldn't contain my cough for more than 2 mins or maybe a min. My throat hurts too each time I swallow my saliva. Getting sick during my engagement is never a happy affair. Went to the doctor's to get medication.

Dr X: " So, what's wrong with you?"
Me:"My throat is painful and I kept coughing."
Dr X:"Open your mouth."
Me opened my mouth wide. "AhhH...''
Dr X:"Hmm...you've an inflamed throat and the current haze condition isn't helping."
Me:" Ya, my throat hurts very much. Can you prescribe the PINK cough syrup? Also, can you prescribe me both drowsy and non-drowsy medication for cough?"
Dr X:" All cough medication will make u drowsy. It is a matter of less drowsy medication or a more drowsy type."
Oh well, he is the doctor and I can't rebutt him back but I'm sure there're cough drugs which are non-drowsy because I've taken them before.
Me: "Oh I see. I didn't know that."
Dr X:" You need more rest?"
Me:"Nope, I don't think I want and I can."
Dr X:" Ok, you looked fine to me too."

What an idiot! Of cse, I looked fine!! Must I look very sick with pale lips and blood-shot eyes? I prefer my favourite doctor Dr Y but he was not on duty that evening. sigh... Dr X didn't listen to his patient's request. Got myself a black colored cough syrup (when I asked for those pink types) and a white colored one (apparently, the latter will make me less drowsy). Pray that I won't sleep in while performing some audit work, else I'll be damned. There're still some more work to do with a deadline to meet. Gonna try to wake up at 5am to finish my work later. Set my clock and my mobile on alarm mode. Breathing seems alittle uncomfortable too. And my right ankle too, it hurts so badly when I walked for more than 30 mins now. Need a sinseh to nurse my sprained ankle. Saw a slight bump on the left side of my foot. Uncertain if it is my small little bone protuding out. One word to describe my current feeling, Painful. Very painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....