Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Retail Therapy

I will not like to think myself as a shopaholic. However, my recent behaviour seems to show signs that I am one. One of my favourite haunts is Borders. Been buying a couple of books from there. I wonder if the staff there would find me a familiar face. Not that it matters much to me anyway. Everytime I pay a visit to the bookstore, I'll have the tendency to grab one book title. Was I a shoplifter in my previous life? I can't seem to keep my hands off the books. The difference between a shoplifter and myself is that I paid for all the books that I picked up.

I admit that I am seeking solace in retail therapy (thankfully, not in food these days). I felt gay when I found something which I liked. But when my credit card bills arrive, rest assured that you won't find me smiling away. I do my 'best' to control my spending. Maybe I should ask my mum to keep my credit cards, so that I won't be tempted to spend unneccessary. I pamper myself too much, way too much.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, November 12, 2006 6:33:00 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

A bit of self-pampering you deserve. If you dont who will.
but if you think spending is getting too much, start keeping ur credit cards at home for some of ur trips!

waise wat books do u read?
And cant u locate a book cafe smwhere..one where u cd go and sit and read and sip coffee all day?

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 3:33:00 AM, Blogger Bellona said...

Phoenix:
Haha... I tend to spend more since the day I own credit cards. With the discounts and perks, it is hard not to use them. I've fallen into the trap of the banks. Sigh... :P

I like books on thrillers, crime fiction, self-help types and history. Currently, I am reading a book by Marcel Proust -In Search of Lost Time Vol 1:Swann's Way. There is a book cafe but I'm too lazy to make my way there to read my book. hehe Sometimes, I would go to some coffee house and do my reading.

What about you? What books do you read?

 
At Monday, November 13, 2006 5:12:00 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Basically just about anything and everything that catches my fancy. No pulp fiction, strictly no romantics (M&Bs...the sight of them makes me puke) and more classics than populars i guess.
Just finished Never Let Me Go by Ishiguro, and now beginning Catch 22 or The Idiot, one of those.

 
At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:29:00 AM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

LOL! I love how you are "seeking solace" through retail therapy.

Try going on an all cash diet. Believe me, it works!!!

 
At Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:21:00 AM, Blogger Bellona said...

seeking solace: I've kept 99% of my credit cards at home. It seems to be working well on my thirst for spending. Heh... All cash diet sounds interesting though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....