Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Come share my cookies


Finally, I finished baking my very own Mexican Wedding Cookies (MCW). Followed Martha Steward's Recipe religiously (except the inclusion of the vanilla and almond extract) as claimed from a food blog. I did some modifications because I find that some of the instructions given by the food blogger were vague. I must say this is a relatively easy recipe. Glad that the whole baking process went through smoothly without any hipcups.Looks yummy ya? :) I tried 3 pieces to ascertain the quality of the cookies. Hmm...it seems like I'm having a bit of a sore throat now. Oh well, I can always remedy it with salt water gargle. The next thing I am going to do now is to find 'victims' to try on my MWC.


MWC recipe:
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (plain flour)
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup icing sugar for the coating of cookies
1 cup pecan nuts
250g unsalted butter softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I didn't add this)
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract (I didn't add this either)

Steps:
1. Preheat the oven at 190 deg celsius.
2. Toast the pecan nuts for 5 mins and left to cool completely. Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse till finely ground.
3. Add salt to the flour and sift it. Add the ground pecan nuts to the flour and whisk together. Set aside.
4. Blend the butter and the icing sugar until white and fluffy.
5. Add the flour mixture to the step 4 and beat with low speed until dough comes together.
6. Roll the dough into 3/4 inch balls with 2 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake for 14 mins until the bottom is lightly browned and pale on the top of the cookies.
7. Place the baked cookies on the wire rack and left to cool completely. Roll the cookies with icing sugar to coat completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....