Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Free drinks

Attended my firm's private event at a rather popular club. The club was booked from 7 - 10pm. We had free flow of housepours, beers etc and last order of free flow ended at 10pm. I'm not a hardcore drinker compared to some of my colleagues. To ensure that they drink to their hearts' content, each person will order 5 glasses of drinks (max no. of drinks that each person can order each time). By half past 9 in the evening, most of them were tipsy and some quite drunk. One colleague I always talk to in Mandarin, suddenly converse with me in English. He asked some weird questions which I was unable to answer him. I'm a disciplined person when it comes to drinking. Anyways, due to long period of pondering what drinks to get for myself, I missed the opportunity to order free drinks by a few seconds. Sigh... The bartender X told me that the free flow had ended just after my colleague ordered hers. So unfair, refusing to leave the bar counter, I gestured to X to allow me to make the last order. He said that I could but I need to give him a peck on his cheek. Hmm... no way am I going to do that! I shook my head and tried to act 'innocent' and gave him my sweetest smile telling him impliedly, ' No kiss but I still want my FREE Drink...' Voila! My charm worked on him!! He gave me 2 glasses of bourbon coke instead of one initially. When I collected my drinks, he still tried to claim a peck on his cheek from me. As usual, I flashed my 'winning' smile at him, thanked him for the drinks and left the counter. I never tried to use charm on anyone to get things done ( not that I am one gorgeous babe) but somehow it seemed rather fun that night. It is what one called 'cheap thrill'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....