Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Think I am too stressed up over nothing

'Take it easy. Don't think or talk about work once you leave the office.' I tried to heed the advice but I failed. Not trying hard enough I suppose. It is just a job but it seems to be taking a toll on my health. Most probably due to lack of sleep. Sometimes, the stress level can be so high that it can be quite nerve-racking. Yes, drinking does not solve the problem. Pyschologically, I feel that it does. Again, I went clubbing on a Friday night after work. This time round, I went to St James Power Station. A Power Station converted into a few clubs. Interesting place but I really detest queuing for more than 30 mins to enter the club. It is freaking packed with people all the time. It was my second time there & I guess I won't go there again. I prefer Velvet Underground. It is not too noisy, a great place for chilling out. However, I am currently finding alternatives to ways of releasing stress elements in my body. Just a couple of days ago, I went to the gym for a 30-min jog during lunchtime. I felt great then. It clears my head and heightens my mood whenever I exercise. So, am gonna head to the gym if time allows during lunch next time. Clubbing is bad for the mind, soul and body. No health benefits and depletes my financial funds.

Good news is, I've recently signed up for a gym membership at some health club. Looking forward to the workout classes especially spinning class. Less drinking sessions and more workout sessions! And, not forgetting to spend more quality time with my lovely family and people I care about. I'll remind myself constantly to have a healthy lifestyle. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....