Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Is finishing an assignment more impt than health?

Had a friend A from Hong Kong coming over for a couple of days for a holiday. I brought her to some popular landmarks during her trip here. On the night before her last day in Singapore, I brought her to Geylang for some good durians since both of us adore them very much. I took merely 2 slightly big pieces of durians and guess what? I had sore throat the next day. This king of fruit is simply too heaty for me or that my health is too fragile to consume it. My condition worsened and I took one day medical leave for it even though my doc gave me 2 days'. I reported back to work the next day after having rested for 24 hours. I wasn't fully recovered and I started to develop flu, itchy throat. I coughed non-stop at client's place but no one bothered to ask me if I was feeling ok except one colleague. My engagement manager was around too and seemed oblivious to my condition. Maybe he thought I am faking it just like the show on Discovery Channel 'Faking It'. My eyes were teary and red due to intense coughing. Yes, the deadline was super tight. Yes, we were short-handed. But hey, I was feeling so sick and drowsy the whole time. The drugs were not working their magic on me at all. I don't feel appreciated at all, esp so in my line of work. If I had known, I would just rest at home to nurse my poor health back to recovery. And if I had known, I would win the lottery. Hahaha... Been working till 2am since wednesday and I need to report back to work on Sat to clear some review points. I still have some work unfinished but I'm going to take a short rest now and be up again in another 2 hours. Life sucks sometimes. Yet sometimes, it seems beautiful too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....