Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Withdrawal Symptoms

Since the beginning of the year, I've been clubbing almost every weekend. Every Friday, at least. Does that make me a hardcore clubber? Or a chiongster in Singapore term. The longer the amount of time I spend in the office, the lesser the amount of time I spent on sleeping, all the more I need to go to the club for some drinks. Somehow I find that I seem to hold my liqour better than before. Every week is a challenge for me & I always look forward to Friday 'cause it is clubbing time for me!! I admit that I kinda stressed up by work and I am seeking solace in clubbing. Drinking helps too. I do not drink on weekdays, but I'd need a drink badly on weekends. I love long island tea and my recent fave, apricot brandy. Not only am I a workaholic and an alcoholic too! These days a big fraction of my credit card bills goes to the accounts of the clubs. Though I do not belong to the class of major spenders on drinks, at least 10% of my wage goes to them. I feel all uneasy if I don't club on either Fridays or Saturdays. It feels like some form of withdrawal symptom for me. I feel unhappy if I stay at home. It's like I'm on drugs literally. I'm beginning to understand how smokers feel when they try to quit smoking. Sigh... I do not club alone. I don't enjoy being picked up either, because I just wanna chill out with my friends. Being picked up by strangers only tells me that maybe, maybe I still have this last bit of charm left in me. It could be due to the dim light setting in the club too that these guys thought that I am attractive or simply mere desperation of them.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:35:00 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

....u need lots of love n less alcohol.

 
At Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Bellona said...

Haha... Is it that obvious? No time to find love anyways, my work has taken alot of my personal time and space. What's left is just enough for chilling moments with my friends and family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....