Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Alone yet again

I worked late again. Nothing's new. What's new was that I had a baby cockroach keeping me company at my client's place. It chose to appear right in front of my very eyes after my other colleagues left the place, say 1 0r 2 hrs later. I stayed on because I still have quite a bit of area to cover. I tried to speed up but my work was too tedious. Documentation takes time. And the cockroach kept running around the table. There were a few occasions when it tried to crawl towards me.... I didn't want to kill it, so I used some papers to fan it away. Glad that it was a puny insect, else I would scream my lungs out!!! First, it was the cockroach. Next, it was the switching off of all the lightings at my client's office. I was sitting inside the meeting, so the last staff standing didn't realise my existence. I heard the sound of switches and I looked out, the whole place was in total darkness. I thot the security guard came up to lock up the room and I rushed out of the room. Eeeehhhh!! I couldn't see a single thing... Did I cry? No. Was I scared? Yes. Uncertain where the light switch was located, the only thing I could do was to retire back to my meeting room and continued with my work. I can't go until I collected all my audit evidence. Ok, maybe life is not that bAD after all. Soon after, lights were back on again... The last staff found out abt my existence finally. I know I am not alone. I still have that little crawler as my companion.... Finally, I can head back to my sweet and safe home. Left the place by 1130pm. Switched off all the lights and pressed for the lift. Couldn't imagine if I leave the plc by 12am. I don't want to think or speculate what may happen to me. It just too scary a thought to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....