Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, mom! I bought an open heart pendant necklace with 2 cut diamonds from Tiffany & Co. on each side of the centre of the heart for my mom. Shared the cost with my 2 lovely brothers. I made sure that my mum didn't know we got her a gift. I love surprises.Miss surprises.

Finally, the day came. I passed her the gift on 10th May 08, a day before Mother's Day. She was watching tv in the living room while I made my way towards her. She said she like it but she didn't look extremely happy or surprised. I guess she kept her excitement in herself very well. I know deep down in my heart that my mum would love anything from her kids.

My mum was very adorable. She came in to my bedroom asking why I didn't give her a peck on her cheek. I followed instructions and she returned a peck on my cheek too. She went to ask my brother to give her one too. Again, instructions were being followed. It is only my youngest brother left who owes my mum a peck on her cheek. I still feel that it is very mushy. Maybe I should muster my courage and give my dad a peck on his cheek on Father's Day. And for Father's Day gift? A coach wallet, maybe.


Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....