Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Can't I choose to read the type of book I desire?

I went to borders on a Friday evening. Saw an interesting title, so I decided to purchase it. After I picked up the book, I was stopped by a somewhat late thirties man. Pointing to the book I was holding, he asked, "Do you believe in this?" I replied him saying that I was getting this title for entertainment reading. Anyway, a book is meant to be read. But hey, please do not be mistaken, it is not some karma sutra title. Whether I believe the reliability of the contents written by the author or not is none of his concern. We ended the unwanted conversation in < 3 mins. I thought that was the end of it and I headed to the magazines' section. I grabbed one women's weekly mag and decided to head to the cashier to make payment for my 2 purchases. Before I could do that, that freaking guy stopped me again, I realised I'd been followed!!! Why can't he just leave me alone? He started to introduced himself as Rxxxxx and I was 'coerced' to tell him my name. He asked if I have more female or guy friends and that a girl like me who is 'quite pretty' doesn't need to read a book like this. I wasn't flattered but thanked him for his compliment out of courtesy. He started to ask me what kind of job I was holding and the firm I was in. I am fine with telling him what kind of job I'm working as but no way am I gonna tell him where my firm is. He chuckled when he could see that I was rather defensive and reassured me that he wasn't a 'stalker'. R tried to tell me to be easy too.... WTF!!?!! Pardon my language here. I found him irritating, I didn't like his name, very nosey and besides, he is not my dad. He is eloquent, but hell, who cares?? It is not in my least interest if he happened to be some CEO or in some high profile profession. I love going to borders but I should shun from this place for the time being. Luckily, I got a few titles to keep me occupied. Thank goodnesss...

Left Borders elated with my new purchases, I wanted to find a cozy place to start reading my book. I wanted to go to Alley's bar. Many would think that I am deranged to read in a pub. Poor lightings and all... Hehehe... It is not that bad really. I wanted to drink my favourite frozen strawberry margarita too. It was already 10.45pm then and Alley's bar was obviously crowded. I knew my only sensible choice was to head back to my cozy bedroom. As I was making my way out of the rows of pubs , a Kwai Lo stopped me and asked if I was meeting someone or I was alone by myself. I replied politely that I was meeting someone and he left me to go. I don't see myself as a SPG, never have a good impression of Kwai Los. I seriously wanted to have a drink by myself, not in the mood to make new friends and I disliked to be picked up by guys in the pub. I will have my frozen strawberry margarita on a weekday then. What a bizarre night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....