Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Death by my Ferragamo shoes

Killer shoes by Ferragamo


It seems like a fine Tuesday to me, getting ready to work and slipping into my usual business attire. As usual, I was taking my own sweet time to get myself all ready and at the same time I wanted to catch a private bus which goes via CTE to my office building by paying a mere S$2.50. It may be slightly expensive than public transport but the bus is always air-conditioned and almost everyone will be able to grab a seat throughout the journey. The bus only travels by a certain route starting from Kensington Road in Serangoon Gardens to International Plaza. Ok, back to the highlight of my morning affair. I was afraid that I’d miss the last private bus for the morning, so I decided to quicken my steps and try to run for every few metres. I couldn’t construe what I did, my shoes suddenly gave way and I twisted my ankle. Ouch! I was in great pain, squatting on the ground for a couple of secs as it was too painful to get up. No one tried to get out of their car to help me up. No one did. Suddenly, it dawned on me that Singaporeans are such 'fine' people living in such a 'fine' city. What can I possibly do to improve the situation? Pulled myself up and limped away and again try to run to the private bus. Sometimes, I was toying with the idea of wearing my jogging shoes so that I’d take a much shorter time to reach the waiting point for those private buses. Running time: 5mins Walking time: 10mins. Whatever the options I may adopt in the future, they don’t matter now coz’ my right ankle is swollen like a pig trotter. Nearest medical clinic? 15 mins’ walk. Anyone to help me to the clinic? No one. Relieved that I am not out on an engagement and I wouldn’t want to take any freaking medical leave for it. Maybe it is my lucky day today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....