Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Form of relaxation

Attended a relative's wedding dinner which ended around 11pm but I was not willing to head back just as yet. I decided to head to Borders which has became my favourite haunt. I didn't construe why I felt the urge to get another book even though I had just purchased one the day before. Sadly, I've not started on the new title and I found another good title to read...It was almost 12am when I made payment at the cashier. Still longing to loiter in town for a while more, I made my way to Marriot Hotel to grab a seat at the lounge. Surprisingly, it was not crowded and I found myself a good seat. Ordered a glass of red wine ( Kendall Jackson Sauvignon Merlot, California) and commenced reading on my new book. Not an expert of red wine but the one I ordered was quite good I think. It is considered premium red wine on the menu. So I read and sipped my red wine slowly while enjoying the still of the night as my companion. Suddenly, I realised that reading was something I used to enjoy very much ( I still do) but I didn't get down to do it for a long while. I felt relaxed and calm for once. Reading releases endorphins in me too, not just chocolates. No interruptions, no disturbance, no sms, no phone rings ( who would call me after 12am?)... I had a great time but I knew I'd to go home at some point as I promised my parents that I'd be back by 3am. I decided to halt my reading at 3am and catch a cab back. Met a nice cab driver who chatted with me throughout the whole journey. We discussed sensitive issues which would not be mentioned here. It was an interesting evening for me, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....