Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I hate diabetes! I hate stroke! I hate heart attack! I hate these illnesses. One by one, my loved ones taken away by these horrendous sick devils. I hate myself for not spending enough time with them when they were still breathing the same air as me. I hate what diabetes and stroke have done to my granny ('ma ma'). She is fading further and further away from us as each day passes. Everyone will die one day, I will too. I try to be strong and remind myself constantly that I must not break down in front of my 'ma ma' even though she no longer responds effectively with anyone. 'Be prepared' is what I hear often whenever we discuss about my granny's condition. Tears welled in my eyes each time I hear this. I don't want to start sobbing in front of my parents, it is not easy for them too. Memories of my granny especially the moments spent with her when I was in primary school appear vividly in my mind. She'd try to tie up my long black tresses in different hairstyles from Monday to Friday. She'd wait for us after school to bring us home from school. She used to prepare really good vegetarian meal and very good black coffee while she was still very able and fit. I can't bear to continue further ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....