Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Maybe it is just a honest mistake

I went to the wet market this morning braved through the pouring rain, planning to prepare curry chicken again. I always go to the same old chicken legs seller. She sells other parts of the chicken, of course but I only get chicken legs from her, hence the title - chicken legs seller. I requested to have the legs halved as I don't desire chopping of them on my own. I had a discount of 10 cents per leg today (post-christmas sale?). However, I wasn't the least bit delighted & made my way back home immediately.
Back home, I took all the chicken pieces from the storage bag and started rinsing them. One, two, three, four....seven. Again...one, two, three... seven. Ok, I wasn't dreaming. Let's revise the basic foundation of Mathematics. 1 chicken leg halved equates to 2. 4 chicken legs halved equate to 8 (4X2). I am definitely absolutely not drunk. I'm completely sober. Slept at 11pm last night and woke up around 8am. Sigh, trick or treat? No savings for me at all, in fact, I made a loss. One leg would cost S$1.50 and half of it would cost S$0.75. With a mere DISCOUNT of S$0.40, I made a loss of S$0.35. I want my other half of the chicken leg back!!! Oh well, I was too lazy to head my way back to the wet market anyway. Maybe it is just a honest mistaken. Maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....