Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Be Positive is the way to go.

Met D for dinner @ Prego today. D told me she had rested for 6 months at home and just started back at work 2 weeks ago. I was curious why the long break. She told me that she has colorectal cancer and began undergoing radiotherapy and chemo for the past 6 months. I kept quiet upon hearing this. My heart skipped a beat. She didn't look like she was sick, looked perfectly healthy to me. D told me she has since halted all treatments as she has recovered from this disease. Just need to watch her diet and pop medication for a while more.

My friend is way too young. Colorectual cancer normally hits those above 50 and she belongs to one of those rare cases to contract this disease. Things happen. Do cancer cells perform a age audit before they start to build a permanent residence in your body? By not going for a regular body checkup, prevention control fail.

D told me she was at stage 3 then, considered advance stage. However, she remained positive and went for treatments. Her church mates prayed for her too. Amazingly, her tumor shrunk and became benign. Her doctor was surprised too. No matter what happens, be positive is the way to go. I will pray for her, for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....