Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 2: Food poisoning

I was having stomach upset on Day 1. It happpened after I had some traditional nasi padang. The pain in my tummy come and go every 30 mins. It was slightly unabearable. It was affecting me at work. On day 2, I was positive that I had food poisoning. I went to the ladies 4 times a day. Had some charcoal pills. They didn't help. The mere drinking of water made me run to the loo too. Skipping lunch and dinner on Day 2 and lunch on Day 3. Went to the E&A hospital in Jakarta on the evening of Day 2 as my condition didn't seem to show any sign of improvement. My legs went weak too. Felt slightly feverish. Glad that one of my coll is an indonesian, she helped to be my translator.

Was told that there was no clinic around city area except hospital. Lied on the bed in a open area with the curtains drawn. I was a little taken aback when the nurse told me to lie on the bed while waiting for my turn. I dare not do that since I am in a foreign country. It is weird, just weird. Doctor came and had a quick check on me. Asked the usual random questions, measured my pressure but no measure of my temperature. Merely touched my arm and that was it. Paid Rp 400,050 for the consultation and medication, plus a consultation card. Well, what're the odds of me coming to Jakarta for work? Zero chances. Luckily I can claim on those medical charges. Just plain unlucky to be sick during overseas assignment. And lucky to be recovered fully on Day 3.

Extended my stay in Jakarta till next thurs due to work. I wish to be able to rest well next week. Too tired. Tired is the most common word I use at least twice daily.When can I have a good rest?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....