Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Friday, July 04, 2008

They can even do it with their eyes closed. Luckily, she didn't.

Went to see Dr Y during lunch, told him about the lump near my collar bone. He felt it and agreed that it is a lump but told me it may not be cancerous. Advised me to monitor. I refused and asked if I can perform a blood test. Dr Y advised a blood count test where the test results can detect the presence of certain diseases. It was not easy detecting my blood veins on my arm. The visible ones are on the top of my hand but Dr Y wouldn't dare to draw any blood from it. He went on to tell me to go to another clinic to get the more experienced lab staff to do it for me. He said, ' The lab staff can draw my blood even with their eyes closed.' I trusted Dr Y and went to another clinic near my office.

Cut the story short, the lab staff X found the 'best' vein to draw my blood. I looked away and stop breathing for a a few seconds. Ouch!! It hurts. I had my blood drawn from the vein before but it doesn't hurt at all. Why does it hurt so bad? X asked me if it hurt, of course it hurt. When I turned to look at my arm, I saw lab staff X pushing and turning the syringe trying to locate the vein. I almost fainted. After 10-15 seconds, lab staff X finally located the vein. Coz the pain stopped and the blood started to ooze out into the test tube. Thanks goodness. Draw my blood even with their eyes closed. Luckily, she didn't. Gonna see the doctor next week to get the result on my blood test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....