Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I supposed I just got lucky.

Bought a shirt last Tue and sent it for alterations as the sleeves were abit too long for my arms. In fact, after I made my purchase, I felt a tinge of regret. I thought the shirt was way over-priced @ S$300+ and I never heard of the foreign label before. I was thinking, I should have spent the money on a Tiffany chain or something. Too much free time and I couldn't think properly then. Anyways, went to collect the altered shirt yesterday. I tried it on to see if the sleeves fit nicely. I spotted something on one of the sleeves, it looked somewhat like a dark patch. When I looked closely, it was simply some defective workmanship which I didn't notice when I first bought it. I was 'thrilled' at the defects. I knew my chance came to reject the item.

Me:"Can the defects be mended?"
Female Store Manager (FSM):"No. It is clearly a defect."
Me: "I want a refund then."
FSM: "No, we don't do refund at all. We only give credit note."
Me:"Do you have a new piece to replace the defective item?"
FSM:"We do not have a new piece and refund is not allowed, only credit note will be issued which will be valid for 2 mths from date of issue."
Me:" Ok, show me the clause in the receipt that says ' No refund is allowed.' "
FSM looked through the receipt and couldn't find any clause which supported her stand.
Me:"If you're not going to give a refund for this defective shirt, I will write to CASE (Consumers Association of Singapore).
FSM:"I can reassure you that you will definitely find something which you like if you come again. You can easily get a nice top for under S$200. Give us ten days, we will call the boutique in Paris if they still have the same apparel. If they do, we'll send it over with shipping charges absorbed."

I was getting tired trying to get my point across- I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! I was 'screaming' inside me.

Me: "Sorry, I don't think I have the time to make another trip just to collect the same shirt. Besides, this is the my first time here and I am not sure if I can find something I like. The credit note may not be helpful. And since this is clearly a case of defective goods, I have every right to get a refund as a consumer. This is my right. Unless you can give me a replacement shirt right now, if not, I want a REFUND."

I have never used the word 'Refund' so many times in one day, or say in 30 minutes. FSM is still trying her luck. Trying to convince me that they sell very nicely designed imported apparels. She guaranteed that I would be able to pick up something from their boutique if I drop by again a few weeks later with their new arrivals.

Me: " I don't take risk. I'm sorry. I guess my job nature made me having a low risk tolerance."

All the sales assistants including the FSM laughed. I laughed too. Not bad eh, I can create a joke in the midst of this refund saga. Finally, FSM gave in.

FSM:"We normally don't do refund but we would do it for you and for you only. You're the first person we are giving credit back."

Woo hoo!! I made it. Going to get the full credit back in my credit card. No more feelings of regrets. Yay!!!! Seriously, I was trembling inside. I put up a brave front, pretending to be agressive. I'm glad my nature of work trained me well to handle situations like this. Also, I learnt it from someone I know who had similar incident like mine in the past. Thank you. What a day! And thanks to my God (Sky God) and my guardian angel. I suppose I just got lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....