Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Brownies...yummy

Baked some brownies earlier in the week since I've 'slightly' more free time now. Changed some techniques for my brownies baking process and the result was thankfully not disastrous at all. My weighing scale performed a 'disappearing' act just when I needed it so much. I find that it is a prudent attitude to measure the ingredients rather than using estimation when it comes to baking. For me at least. Glad I have a cook book which provides me with measurement conversion from grams to ounce. Glad again that I've a measurement cup. Finally, I started baking. I am pleased with what I baked. Yes, yes, I am self-praising myself. Truth is, I think my brownies taste better than my previous bakes ( they're delicious each time I baked, but this time it is better). I offered my brownies to my family (they've to show moral support by consuming them) and my friends and boyfriend (future). I'll always without fail, taste whatever I bake/ cook to ensure they're safe for consumption. I've a high level of integrity. Don't try to doubt me even for a second. I received good reviews from my family and friends. I'm gonna bake more brownies and more cookies and try different recipes.

Brownies Recipe
120g of plain flour, sifted once
3 eggs -room temperature, avoid chilled ones
75g brown sugar
100g brown sugar
100g walnuts, roasted and chopped
100g chocolate chips - optional
250g unsalted butter, softened - I use golden churn brand.
200g baking chocolate - melted

Steps:
1. Add 75g brown sugar to the butter and mix well.
2. Add one egg at a time to butter mixture and mix well.
3. Add 100g brown sugar to the plain flour and mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture to (2) and mix well.
5. Add the walnuts to (4).
6. Add the melted chocolate (cooled, still in liquid form) to (5) and mix well
7. Bake at 180 deg celsius for 35mins.



Note: I use a silver-colored tray instead of dark-colored tray. I find that my brownies turned out to be a little moist. Well, you can try using two different type of trays and see the effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....