Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Running for a cause

I've been participating in activities organised by my firm especially running ones. I know I won't win any prizes but at the same time I do not want to be the last person to finish the race. I got my colleagues to join me for the run too. It is always more enjoyable to have a company of friends joining for such events. The only activity I would pass would be triathon,i.e. biking, swimming and running. I can't ride a bike and I am not a good swimmer. I'd look silly if I go for that. By participating in these runs, I am doing my bit for charity too. The proceeds for the run will go to some sponsored charities. Another embarrassing truth is, I like collecting running tops designed by my firm. I treat every piece as a keepsake. Am going for SGX bull run (3.2km) which is easily achievable. That's how long I jog during my gym workout. Am going for a Singapore marathon in December this year. This marathon comes in full marathon (approx 42km), half marathon (21km) and 10km marathon. Being prudent, I chose 10km. Maximum time given for this marathon event as informed by my colleague is 6 hrs. I gave 4hrs as the estimated time I would take to finish the marathon of 10km. I believe I would take way less than 4 hrs to complete the run. 2hrs is my targeted time frame. My colleague, M seemed excited and 'serious' about this whole affair. We plan to train for this event by jogging around our office vicinity once every 2 weeks. Key word: Plan. I will update everyone if I execute my plan or our plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....