Simple Thoughts of Mine

I am nothing special; just a common woman with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Salt

Sometime back I had a terrible sore throat which plagued me for over a week. During that period, H advised me to mix some salt with water and gargle so as to disinfect my inflamed throat. I admitted that I didn't heed his advice the first time. So I procrastinated and my throat obviously showed no signs of improvement even with the medication I took. After a week long of sore throat, I put H's advice into action - I gargled with salt water. Strangely enough, half the pain that I was experiencing for the past week seemed to subside. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or imagining things but I felt different. I gargled with salt water again the next day, this time with more salt... Guess what? No more sore throat anymore. Salt water worked better than the lozenges given by the doc. Thanks H! You're the man!

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 30, 2006 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Pretty smart advice that. Commonly employed in India. It's even good ad a pre-emptive measure...like sometimes if your throat starts to ache or feel iffy, try gargling with salt before you get a bad throat, and you never will!
Good after lots of shouting also, and to clear up a singer's voice
:)

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 9:47:00 PM, Blogger Bellona said...

Phoenix: Hehe... another good reason to avoid going to the doctor. Not certain if this method is commonly applied in Singapore. So far, only 3 people have told me about this magical remedy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

05 Dang Shin Eun.....